Pages

Guide to Patagonia's Monsters & Mysterious beings

I have written a book on this intriguing subject which has just been published.
In this blog I will post excerpts and other interesting texts on this fascinating subject.

Austin Whittall


Monday, December 28, 2009

Back from Patagonia

 

I have just returned from a short Christmas break in Bariloche. It was a wonderful long weekend in Patagonia. Summer has just begun and flowers are blooming all over the place. The forest fresh and fragrant. Lake Nahuel Huapi with its fantastic deep blue color and white capped waves. Windy, sunny, cloudy, warm during the day, cold at night the typical Patagonian weather!

Sadly I did not have the chance to see anything strange in the lake (i.e. Nahuelito) or any weird beings in the woods, however I had the chance to go to Bariloche’s Museum (Museo de la Patagonia “Francisco P. Moreno”) where I took some good photographs which will be included in future posts.

I also bought some nice books on my favorite subject (Patagonia) and one of them has given me some interesting information on exotic creatures introduced into the Nahuel Huapi area in the early 1900s which I did not know about and may be of interest to those seeking an answer to the Nahuelito cryptid mystery.

Just a quick escape with my wife from the hectic megalopolis of Buenos Aires (with its hot and sticky December days of over 30°C – 86°F).

The good news is that my book on Patagonian cryptids is finished. Yes, I formally concluded writing, editing, checking, updating and fidgeting with it. It is finished.

Now I will embark on the process of printing it.

By the way, its title is:

Patagonian Monsters. A guide to its Giants, Dwarves, Lake Creatures and Mythical Beasts

I will keep you updated on this undertaking, which, I imagine will not be an easy task.


Copyright 2009 by Austin Whittall ©

Patagonian Monsters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hits since Sept. 2009:
Copyright © 2009-2018 by Austin Victor Whittall.
Todos los derechos reservados por Austin Whittall para esta edición en idioma español y / o inglés. No se permite la reproducción parcial o total, el almacenamiento, el alquiler, la transmisión o la transformación de este libro, en cualquier forma o por cualquier medio, sea electrónico o mecánico, mediante fotocopias, digitalización u otros métodos, sin el permiso previo y escrito del autor, excepto por un periodista, quien puede tomar cortos pasajes para ser usados en un comentario sobre esta obra para ser publicado en una revista o periódico. Su infracción está penada por las leyes 11.723 y 25.446.

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means - electronic, mechanical, photocopy, recording, or any other - except for brief quotations in printed reviews, without prior written permission from the author, except for the inclusion of brief quotations in a review.

Please read our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy before accessing this blog.

Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy

Patagonian Monsters - http://patagoniamonsters.blogspot.com/